Question Time: Grown Ups Need Not Apply
We like to think we're a pretty informed bunch at Marmalade but there's nothing like hearing the uncensored, authentically honest views of an 12-year-old to make you question your take on the world or give you a different perspective!
Today we're talking to Ted about what keeps him up at night, the future of technology and what would make the world just a little bit better.
Take it away Ted!
1. What keeps you up at night?
I worry about homework, especially English homework it’s hard and not getting it completed on time.
2. What do you want to accomplish in 2018 and why?
I want to do well with my YouTube channel, it’s a wrestling channel, I get inspiration for it from WWE. I really want to get more subscribers onto my channel.
3. You’re a castaway on a desert island & only allowed to take 1 song, 1 book and 1 luxury item with you - what would they be?
I would take Randy Orten’s (a wrestler) his theme song, I would take WWE: 100 Greatest Matches book (a wrestling book) and I would take my phone with me as my luxury item.
4. What one item could you not live without and why?
I couldn’t live without my dad's car because I wouldn’t be able to get to places.
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
My favourite things to do in my spare time is go on Xbox with my friends and invite my friends over to hang out.
6. What do you think your life will look like in 20 years’ time?
I think I’ll be very rich, I don’t know how I’ll make the money to be rich yet though. There will also be hover boards and flying cars around then.
7. What has been your biggest obstacle in life?
School has been my biggest obstacle, especially secondary school because I get lots of homework, because I sometimes struggle to do it but I depends which subject.
8. What has been the best piece of advice you have been given?
Believe in yourself; if you don’t believe in yourself no one else will, which was advice from my dad.
9. What's one of the toughest decisions you've had to make and how did it impact your life?
There’s been one quite recently but it’s not very tough, what to pick to eat for dinner at the restaurant last night. In the end I picked barbeque chicken pizza, the decision was between what crust to pick.
10. How do you think technology is going to shape the way we live in the future?
I think it will help us get around more on transport, with hover boards and flying cars being a part of our life.
11. What do you think would make the world a better place?
If every country had a lot of money, then nobody would be poor, and it would mean that everyone would be equal.
12. Who is your inspiration and role model and why?
One of them is Rey Mysterio (WWE wrestler) because he’s very small and he can do lots of good stuff like winning stuff, even though he’s small.
13. Now that you’re older & wiser, what advice would you give to your younger self?
I would tell myself to start thinking about what I want to be when I’m older.
14. How do you unwind?
I relax myself by lying down in my bedroom.
Subscribe to receive more stories like this, delivered directly to your inbox.
Or share this story on your favourite social channel: